- Hi! Good morning! How are you? All’s good here.
- Running – last Saturday I made the decision to do the 6 mile group run. it was definitely the right decision and it reminded me that I do enjoy a group run. I will admit I might not have been ready for 6 miles, but I did it. Mile 5 was tough and I took a quick walking break, but that’s OK. I also really lucked out with the weather as it was 68 degrees at the end of July. Amen! 🙂
- The runs are every two weekends so as long as I’m free, I plan to do the next one on the 12th (7 miles).
- Veganism – I made vegan mac and cheese
- I used this recipe, which she claims is the best (Vegangela to the rescue again)
- Let’s just say that I think I love the original (and cheese!) a bit too much to come around to the vegan version.
- That said, my other half had just had vegan m&c at a vegan restaurant in San Antonio and he said this version was definitely better
- We went a little heavier on the truffle oil and played around a bit with spices. he also added some veggie chorizo which
- T Swift is finally on Spotify!
- Not much explanation needed.
- I sent a text to my sister saying that as a result of this big news, my runs will most definitely improve drastically (I kid)
- I also got to grace my spin class with a T Swift song for the first time since I switched to Spotify years ago. They laughed at my excitement.
- Invitations ordered
- Dress is in and I will go see it/try it on on Saturday
- Sh*t is moving along! CRAZY!!
- Peace out! Have a great Wednesday!!!
Hello from the land of the sporadic poster! All good!
It’s Friday. I’m thrilled that it’s Friday. I actually had a short week (more on that later) but it still felt pretty long. I hate how that always happens.
Some highlights of the past two weeks or so…
DC! I was in DC last week for my “bachelorette party”. I put that in quotes because it definitely wasn’t your traditional party. I’m too old for that sh*t. 🙂
DC may be one of my favorite cities, so I was thrilled to have the party there. We stayed at a great hotel – shout out to the Kimpton Mason & Rook.
I’m still gathering photos so I don’t have a ton to share. But…there was one surprise guest! (see if you can find her)
The trip was a bit of the touristy stuff (mainly checking out the monuments) and then good food, friends, and good times.
Sunday night we saw Judd Apatow do standup, which was quite fun. Saturday morning we went SUPing. Also very fun, although the heat hit me a bit hard so I spent the last bit on my knees (versus standing).
We ate at some delicious restaurants and enjoyed lots of drinks as well. The hotel has a wine hour every day at 5p, so you can be sure we never missed one of those!
Running I’m running. Probably not where I should be for the half in October but I’m confident that I will get there. I’ve been having a REALLY hard time waking up in the morning, so I need to figure out the cause and work on fixing that.
I actually ran twice while in DC. Friday morning on the treadmill and Saturday outside. For some reason I love the treadmills with the virtual running paths. I ran through Germany! It’s the little things 🙂 Saturday’s run took us to the white house and then past some monuments (Washington, Korea, Vietnam). Love me some DC!
Right now I’m trying to decide between OTF tomorrow or attempting a 6 mile group run. I haven’t come close to 6, so I’m wondering if it’s stupid to even try. Hmmm.
Vegan I was not vegan in DC. I craved carbs and cheese…and eggs. Oh well! I’m back at it now.
I made this last night. African peanut sweet potato stew courtesy of Vegangela (again). As I was making it I wasn’t too sure about it. It seemed good in theory but I just wasn’t sure it would have enough flavor. It did! I added a bit more spice to it, but other than that I stuck pretty closely to the recipe and it was delicious! Give it a try!
So that’s what’s going on here. Hope you have a most wonderful Friday and a great weekend!
So far the vegan thing is going OK and we’ve actually had some very delicious food.
Although I do have to admit it hasn’t been 100% because I still am not sure how to substitute eggs. I did see that there’s a product out there, but the local supermarket didn’t have it. I also remember seeing the term “flax egg” in the past, but am not really sure what that means 🙂
I’m open to suggestions if anyone has some.
We both agreed that we are lucky since my other half is such a great cook, so he’s comfortable playing around and trying new things. We’ve been eating pretty well.
On Monday night we had pad thai. My other half made that and while not the most healthy, it was DELICIOUS! There was one egg in there, but we’ll work on that. Unfortunately I don’t have a recipe to share but will try to find out if he used one.
Tuesday night we had a version of pho with the shirataki tofu noodles. Sorry, no photo of that one.
Then last night dinner was on me and I made Quinoa Falafel with an Avocado Tahini Dressing courtesy of Vegangela.
Of course the majority of items in this photo are things I didn’t make (the pita, hummus, and tabbouleh). And not pictured is the delicious avocado tahini dressing.
Recipe is here although I did tweak it a bit.
I am most excited about this recipe because now I know that Vegangela is a good resource for recipes. There are so many recipes out there that people say are great, and then you try them and they just aren’t. I need to learn whose opinions I can trust. For example, I have a friend who I love dearly, but her taste in restaurants isn’t so great, which I learned the hard way, so I take her recommendations with a grain of salt.
I have a bunch more from her site cued up to try. Yay!
Please share recipes with me in the comments 🙂