Believe it or not, I am still here

I’m here!  Not doing much in terms of blogging but being INCREDIBLY busy elsewhere.

Sometimes life just gets in the way of other stuff.  But it’s all good!

My last post was 8/13, so let’s see if I can recap since then….

Pizza events and stuff in mid-August and boy was it HOT.

The end of August brought my other half going away for a bachelor party, my birthday (yes, he was away :(), and then my vacation.

I left for South Africa on 8/26 and the entire week leading up to that was insane with work and other obligations outside of work.  That said, I made it a point to completely relax and disconnect while I was on vacation.  Everything would still be there when I got back.

South Africa was amazing.  Beautiful country and kind people.  Of course there’s so much more to the trip than that, so perhaps I will write a recap post.  I took over 1600 photos and think I finally narrowed that down to 1000.  Should I post them all?

Some random shots from my phone (which was pretty much off for most of the trip).

Yummy South African bubbly
Sunset on the reserve
Delicious veggie friendly food at the reserve
Getting ready to jump

I got back the Sunday of Labor Day weekend and appreciated having a couple of days to relax before heading back to work.

But sadly that day did come and I had to go back to work on 9/6.  Since then work has been insane…frequently frustrating, sometimes stressful, occasionally OK.  Add to that weekends with tons of commitments and you get one tired girl.

Take this past weekend for example…

Saturday – up at 6a to take a 7a OTF class.  9a meeting with a contractor. 10:15a parents come to visit. 11a appointment with parents and then errands. 4p leave for a pizza event at a skydiving boogie 80 miles away.  8p cut almost 200 pizzas non stop for the next 2+ hours.  10:30p – plan to leave but find that we can’t get out of the parking lot because an airplane is in the way (#everydayproblems).  Get home after 1a, asleep sometime between 1:30a and 2a…..

Sunday – up at 7a to teach spin at 8:15.  Back after class to shower and get some quality time with minnie before leaving for Long Island.  We had a 3pm wedding but since it was also Sunday Football, we headed down early to hit up a bar to watch the Giants game.  Left the wedding around 8:15p and then had a 90 minute drive home.  Got home a little after 10.  Hung out a bit and then it was bed time.

The weekend kicked my butt.  Amazingly I still got two workouts in (thankfully in the morning).  I’m still tired.

While the weather and my breathing improved while I was away, I’m back and it’s crap again.  I switched up my allergy medication (OTC/generic) in hopes of that helping but so far no luck.  One day I will be able to breathe again.

I plan to start running again and even sign up for some races but nothing yet.  Sh*t’s been too busy.  That’s life, right?

How do you manage things when life gets busy?


One thought on “Believe it or not, I am still here

  1. I heeded the warning and kept the sound off. This looks like the infection was too deep for him to get to by hi3mrlf&#82s0;.peehaps into the bone. I guess (since the video was in May) that he may have a wooden knuckle by now. (hee hee….he can make a lot of “don’t take any wooden knuckle” jokes) OK…going to my corner now….. OH….thanks for the video!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s