I Did It!!!!!

In summary, I did it!!! I RAN A FREAKING HALF MARATHON! (and lived to tell about it)


It was an awesome weekend overall!  I’m still working on gathering race day photos and will post a more detailed recap once I have them.

I took off Friday and Monday as I knew it would be a crazy weekend.  Although I didn’t think it would be quite as crazy as it was.

Friday – Started with a bunch of errands, giving the dog a bath, then meeting my parents for lunch.  After lunch, packet pickup and more errands.  We had a little downtime and then my parents came over for a bit, then off to the train station to pick up my sis and her bf, then off to dinner.  8 of us total.  It was awesome!

Everyone came back to the house for dessert.  Cookies from Levain Bakery in Harlem.  Off. The. Hook!


They are these large scone-like cookies and so freaking good!  But I digress…

Saturday – RACE DAY! I got up around 6:30 or so.  Took the dog out, went to the bathroom a million times.  Race started at 9, we got there around 8.  It was nice to meet up with friends and chat.  It was a little chilly but I had my throwaway clothes.

After the race we all met up near the finish (runner friends and my family and other friends).  It was chilly for spectators so they headed to a bar while we hung out a bit longer.  Then we headed to the bar for lunch.  Service was crap but the company was great.  After that our visitors left and we headed to another bar to meet up with some other friends.

We left there around 3:30 because we had a friggin’ wedding to go to that night.  I’ll admit, we were moving a little slow and ended up being a little over an hour late.  We were OK with that, but when you miss the cocktail hour, you really do miss the best part.  We were exhausted and got home around midnight.

Sunday – We had a pizza event so he was up at 6:15 and I got up around 7:15.  Either way, too early.  As we were getting ready, we had the ingenious idea to buy tickets to the Mets playoff game that night.  So we busted our butts at a party, then came home, threw on a million layers, and went to a baseball game.

Monday – I did as little as humanly possible.  Dumb me had scheduled a spinning audition smack dab in the middle of the day, so I had that.  But really, that was it.  I spent most of the day just trying to keep my eyes open.  I was asleep around 9:30p and it was glorious!

It was such a great weekend!!  Now it’s back to the grind.  I’ll be back later this week with a real race recap as well as my thoughts post-run.

Happy Tuesday!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s