I used to do blog surveys and then I stopped. I’ve always enjoyed reading them though, and so when I read this one, it piqued my interest and I figured I’d give it a go.
It’s running related and since i’m a new runner, I may not have good answers for all the questions, but I’ll try.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
I’d say beach…although I’m not sure I’d like to run on sand. How about a paved path near a beach?
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Hmmm. I always think I like the Lemon/Lime Gatorade but it turns out that I don’t. That said, I haven’t yet found a flavor I like, so I’ll have to skip this question. I really just like water!
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Clothes! I love running/gym clothes, especially when they’re colorful!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
As a new runner I’d say the training plan. It’s best for me to just be told what to do. I don’t want to think.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Really, I’d like it to be towards the beginning but not at the very beginning. And I think i’d prefer to end the run on a flat, not a downhill.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Haven’t really been too successful with this. It used to be spinning and hopefully it will be again soon, but I’d say biking and hopefully boxing again soon too.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
I’ve never done a point to point (how would I get home?). Out and back is my preference.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
Good pair of sneakers and an outfit that makes you excited to get out there.
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Wild turkeys, rabbits, chipmunks, maybe the occasional deer. One morning I smelled a skunk but thankfully didn’t see him/her.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
Hard to say since I never know what i’m going to want to eat. After my 10 mile I swore that I wanted pancakes (something sweet) and once I got to the diner I really wanted something salty. Maybe just a really delicious smoothie?
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
Always capris (or pants in the cooler months). I hate myself in shorts and everything is just too free to move.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Probably around 3.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Back pocket, belt, or tied it into my shoelaces.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
Seeing as I’ve run exactly three 5Ks, I’m not sure I’d relive any. If I had to, it would be the last one where at mile 3 I threw up. Good times.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
Lately it’s the midweek shorter ones. I blame work. I blame work for everything lately.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
The fact that I have to run 13.1 miles in October.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
Usually right from my home, sometimes I’ll drive down to the beach.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
Don’t have sunglasses currently, but I do run in a hat and like that option.
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
I’m usually good during the run. Even if I get tired I can just tell myself to keep going. The bigger problem is being tired before the run, that’s tough to overcome. (I blame work) 😉
Feel free to share your two cents on any of these.