Ever have those weeks where you feel like you’ve been chewed up and spit out? Weeks where you just feel like you’re taking a beating (mentally of physically)?
Unfortunately I’ve been having a few of those in a row. Work is kicking my butt and leaving me limp and lying on the floor (figuratively).
However I do realize that I have a good job, so don’t think I don’t appreciate it. It’s just been rough. I’m hanging in there though!
As a result though, most things other than work are falling by the wayside. I have made myself a promise that I will work on that post vacation. The wheels are turning.
I’ve also been dealing with some stomach issues. While not the end of the world, they’re definitely annoying. I don’t think I’ve ever gone in to much detail about my stomach issues (because there isn’t much detail to give really), but I’ve had something off with my stomach for probably the last 10 years. Back in the days of IBS being the new/trendy disease, I was loosely diagnosed with that. I was diagnosed with reflux, a hietal hernia, and slow gastric emptying. I’ve had several upper endoscopies and a colonoscopy. Fun stuff, right?
My most persistent symptom for the past 5 years or so has been nausea. Since I don’t actually get sick it’s more annoying and frustrating than anything else. Nausea is an annoying feeling! I’ve been on a prescription for years but am now finding that it’s not doing much. I have one pill left and am then going to hunt for some sort of over the counter medication that may help.
This morning I picked up a box of Nauzene. I had never even heard of this medication until a friend mentioned it. They’re chew-ables and while they don’t taste great, if they work I can deal.
So between work being crazy and stressful, and feeling nauseous about 75% of the day, by the time 5:30pm comes, all I want to do is go home and relax and spend time with DJ and the Minnie.
If any of you have had similar issues and found something that worked, please feel free to share. 🙂
So in other areas…I’ve been wanting to talk about TV. I love TV. It’s the time of year when all the season premiers are starting. A few months ago my cable box shorted out during a storm and as a result I lost my scheduled DVR recordings. I’m working on remembering what I recorded but it’s been harder than expected.
Let me know if you watch any of these shows or if you have any recommendations.
- Modern Family – my favorite so I’d never forget it
- How I Met Your Mother – didn’t realize it recorded so I haven’t watched it yet
- Breaking Amish – not sure what I think of this one
- The Voice
- Revolution – I’m on the fence, DJ seems to like it though
- Smash – no clue when it starts again
- The show with Matthew Perry – clearly I’m a loyal watcher, ha! It’s on after the Voice (maybe) so we give it a try. It’s OK, I think it has its moments.
- The show after the one with Matthew Perry – it’s about the gay couple who’s friend is being a surrogate for them. I actually like this one as it has some great lines. However I’m worried that it’s a bit too similar to Modern Family.
- Boardwalk Empire – I haven’t had HBO in a gazillion years so while I’m trying to watch, I really have no clue what is going on
- Homeland – have never watched but had heard great things even before it won the Emmy. Anyone watch? What season is it? How far behind am I?
I think that’s it…but again, I could definitely be forgetting something. On a tangent, did any of you watch My Boys when it was on TBS? Loved it and then they cancelled it. The main character from that show is the lead on Mob Doctor. Never watched.
OK, must get the day going. Be well!