After much thought and indecisiveness, I decided to give up my Thursday night class. I’m now down to teaching only one class per week (Saturday mornings). I’d like to get to 2 or 3 though, so we’ll see how things play out in the future.
Even though I know I don’t need to explain my decision to anyone, for my own peace of mind, I feel like I should.
- Empty classes for the past 5 or 6 months
- Low energy classes (even when they’re full)
- A general dislike of the gym
- Low pay (I could have looked past this if I loved everything else as I don’t do it for the money)
- Work – I’d have to leave work pretty close to 5 and the fact of the matter is that that is just not a guarantee. If I left later I’d be anxious in the car and then have to rush to get ready. It was no fun.
I teach spin because I really love it. When anything causes me to not love it and even dread going to teach, it’s time to move on.
I’m a little frustrated that my work schedule is infringing on my spin schedule, but know that it’s silly. $20/class won’t take me very far.
So we’ll see where the spinning future takes me…