Hooray for Tuesday!

Good morning!

Work this week is going to be nuts, so while I will still try to post regularly, I can’t make any promises.

I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.  My weekend was OK.  Perhaps I was destined to be disappointed since I had put so much emphasis on this extra day off.

Friday work was stressful and while we closed at 2, I didn’t leave until almost 4 (I was the last one in the office).  Not the best start to a holiday weekend.  I then did more work when I got home.  See previous sentence.

Saturday was OK.  I taught, which helped.  Then had to do a bunch of things before leaving to drive up to camping-land (aka the border of CT and RI, about 100 miles away).  Traffic was not on my side so it was a long and frustrating ride.  Once I got there though, I was good to go.  Relaxed, ate some food, had a few drinks.  Early evening DJ and I were resting in the camper on our “bed” when boom, it breaks.  Our bed was really a converted table, meant to also serve as a bed though.  I guess the particleboard (or whatever the table was made of) had become weak.

We do a little creative jimmy rigging and it seems OK.  A few hours later I go to bed.  I crawl in carefully and fall asleep without issue.  A few hours later DJ comes in and BOOM, it breaks again.  It’s now about 1am so our choices are slim.  We decide to try to find a hotel closeby.  Turns out it was full.  I got annoyed and ended up just driving us home.  We got home around 2:30a and I was pretty all set with everything.

In case you couldn’t have guessed, I was pretty much a waste of space on Sunday.  A few neighbors had BBQs so there were lots of people around but I was tired/anti-social.  DJ did however make some amazing pizzas.  Too bad I didn’t feel motivated to take pictures.

My favorite had fig jam, ricotta, prosciuto, and arugula.  So good!

Yesterday I taught again and we got a great sweat on.  The ride started with two Tabata rounds which always gets the heart rate up and the sweat going.  It was a nice start to the day.  The rest of the day was uneventful and somewhat relaxing.

And now it’s Tuesday…

Catch ya on the flip side!


2 thoughts on “Hooray for Tuesday!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s