The Monday post that didn’t happen

I did start a post yesterday, but work was NUTS, so it never got finished.  Nothing like working a 10 hour day with no lunch break to get the week started!

But now it’s Tuesday and things have slowed down a bit.

To recap the weekend (almost wrote wecap the reekend):

Friday got off to a rocky start but thankfully by Saturday everything was fine.  Since my gym’s floors were being refinished I subbed out a class at another gym.  It was OK however I’m definitely biased towards my class.  I got to see some familiar faces who I hadn’t seen in a while though, so that was great.  After class I picked up my sister, hit up Fairway for lunch, and then she had a haircut appt with my neighbor.  After that my parents came up and we had a lovely family day.

Sunday was HOT.  I had plans to hit an arts fest but it was just too hot to walk around outside.  Instead we did errands, mainly related to bikes.  We picked up a bike rack and then loaded it up and hit the cycle shop.  DJ needed new tires, new pedals, and a new bike computer.  I just needed air in my tires since I couldn’t figure out how to do it myself. Duh!

Later that night we actually went for a bike ride.  The last time I rode a bike was when I was in Costa Rica which was May 2010.  I was definitely a bit shaky at first but got my groove going and it was great.  I really forgot how much I enjoy bike riding.  We’re hoping to make it a frequent occurence since I feel like it’s one of the rare physical activities where we’re almost evenly matched.  We did 7 miles and called it a day just in time as less than an hour later the sky was black.

That night I also had my first self-serve yogurt experience.  I feel that every day at least one blogger recaps his/her yogurt creation.  It was good but being the frugal gal that I am, I just feel that there’s too much of a chance of ending up with a $10 yogurt.  Not to mention I live near Stew Leonard’s and their yogurt is awesome and inexpensive.  (In case you’re wondering what I had…peanut butter cup yogurt and chocolate yogurt with oreo cookies, granola, strawberries, a few cookie dough balls, and a little nutella.  The nutella was the best but I used a lot of restraint!)

So that was my weekend.  No gym yesterday thanks to that awesome 10 hour day.  Not sure what’s on tap for today, but we’ll see how things play out.

Tomorrow morning I’m subbing at 5:45a which I haven’t done in ages.  I’m thinking I should probably go to bed the moment I get home from work. 🙂

Have a great Tuesday!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s