It’s Foodie Pen Pal Time!!!
Boy did I luck out this month. I was paired with Ashley, a reader, and boy did she exceed my expectations. Little did she know that earlier in the week I was wondering if I wanted to participate again the next month. Thanks to her, the answer is definitely yes…provided I get someone as good as her 😉
First thing I noticed when I opened the box was a plastic takeout container. I said “I think I got something homemade!” and got all excited. I took everything out of the box and then jumped to the letter.
Not sure if you can see it, but it was a breakdown of all the goodies as well as a recipe for the goodness in the takeout container. POWER BALLS!
I know it’s big, but I just had to.
At the top are the balls. So good. I’ll post the recipe in a separate post. (edited to say: almost gone and I’m surprise they even lasted this long)
Then you’ll see the raw wheat germ which Ashley says she adds in to foods. Definitely going to try that as well as research it a bit more.
Banana bread flax bar – very intriguing
Gluten free brownie – it looks good. I’m actually surprised I didn’t smell it since I have a tendency to smell wrapped baked goods. Ha! (edited to say: tried it…AMAZING!!! Fudgy and delicious!!)
Black bean spaghetti – I love the concept of pasta made out of something other than just flour. I can’t wait to try this. On a tangent, at my bat mitzvah (just a few years ago) we had this awesome pasta bar. All different types of colorful ravioli and pasta. I clearly remember black fettuccine which looked awesome. However I learned the black was from squid ink and as a result I refused to try it. Back on track… (edited to say: tried it, so different than traditional pasta. I think I went a little crazy and made way too much but it was good and I’ll definitely have it again. DJ said he thought it tasted like black beans, but I didn’t get that.)
I am very excited to try each and every one of these items! I’ll try to remember to post details on them when I have them.
So does the whole Foodie Pen Pal thing sound like something you’d be interested in? If so, here are the details…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.