I took a few months off from participating in the Foodie Pen Pal exchange due to life being too darn busy, so I was very excited to get back to it this month.
Part of what I love about this exchange is getting to “meet” different people and be introduced to different blogs. Since the common denominator in the exchange is food, there’s room for so much diversity!
My goodies this month came from Jenny at Vintage Sugarcube. Her blog is so fun and interesting and so different than the health/fitness blogs I’m used to, which is AWESOME!
She earned bonus points in my book by being super quick to get the stuff in the mail.
Here’s the spread…
I know it’s a large photo but it’s easier to touch on the components this way…
Clockwise from the top…
Caffe Calabria coffee – Jenny told me that this is a local roaster/shop and that they actually supply many San Diego restaurants with their coffee. DJ wasn’t home when I opened the box, but he did carry it in from the mailbox. He told me he just knew it had coffee in it because he could smell it…yum! Made a pot this morning and it was very good! (edited to say: several weeks later, LOVING this coffee!)
Paper bag/foil bundle – biscotti!! HOMEMADE! This was the first time my pen pal sent me a homemade baked good, so exciting…and so tasty. I’m trying to get Jenny to give me the recipe and I will gladly share it. They’re made with olive oil which I love.
CONSoMATE – Haven’t used this yet, but I’m soooo intrigued. I believe it can be used in soups/sauces.
Eclipse Chocolat in Chili hazelnut and Macadamia Ginger – I’ve only tried the Chili flavor so far and loved that it had some kick.
Goya Sazon – DJ uses this ALL the time, so Jenny instantly got respect for sending an item so important to his kitchen. He was psyched to have more of it.
To the left you can see the letter that Jenny wrote and underneath everything are some fun summer-themed paper plates that will come in very handy for future BBQs.
It was a great box to receive and a big thanks for Jenny for bringing a smile to my face.
If you think that you’d like to be a Foodie Pen Pal for August, here are the details…
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.